There’s an interesting thread about omniscient POV over on ‘s journal. I’ve never really worked with omniscient, for many of the reasons she mentions.
The last batch of comments about “Normal People Fall into Fantasy World” novels did catch my eye, though. I am a fan of this style? subgenre? device? They may not be the best, but they’re fun, and that’s something I look for… enjoying what I read. And it’s also how I got back into reading Holly Lisle. I’d read her Magic in the Mist a long time ago, but was reminded of her when I saw Glenraven in the bookstore. And through Holly, I found Forward Motion, which lead me to Evolution and to .
So… some of the different books I liked that fall into this category:
- Glenraven 1 & 2 — MZB, Holly Lisle
- Mall, Mayhem, & Magic — Holly Lisle, Chris Guin
- The Landover series — Terry Brooks
- The World Gates series — Holly Lisle
- The Last Rune series — Mark Anthony
- The Dragonsword series — Gael Baudino
- Pure of Heart — Chris Ricci (not published, as far as I’ve been able to find… knew the author and critted the book)
How about you?